|All of our activities at Field Farm Project are designed
to give you safe access to the farm and surrounding landscape.
- Visiting staff or group leaders should familiarise themselves with the Site Specific Emergency Procedures and ensure that all staff are appropriately prepared.
- Generic Risk Assessments are produced and updated by Field Farm Project staff.
- Schools and group leaders need to consider any specific risks associated with bringing their group to the farm and planned activities e.g. medical, behaviour, travel etc.
- Please present the leading staff for your trip an updated register of the children/group present on the day. Visiting staff should have access to medical and emergency contact details of all attending.
- We require a ratio of at least one responsible adult per six pupils with primary aged children or one adult per ten students for the older age groups.
- Children need to be closely supervised when in direct contact with animals and should not let the animals suck their fingers.
- All visitors should wash hands immediately after any activity, particularly contact with animals.
- Younger children must be carefully supervised to ensure their hand washing is thorough (using soap and warm water).
- Children should be discouraged from putting their hands on their face or fingers in their mouths.
- Ensure that any visitor with a cut or abrasion keeps it covered, e.g. with a plaster, for the duration of the visit.
Accident / near miss:
- First aid boxes are sited in the kitchen and in the main barn and are clearly marked.
- Field Farm Project staff carry first aid kits when leading groups.
- Group leading staff are all qualified first aiders (HSE first aid at work - appointed persons)
- Any accident, however minor, should be reported to Field Farm Project staff who will administer first aid if necessary and ensure that the incident is reported.
- A written report is required for any accident or near miss.
- The fire assembly point is in the main
car park outside the barn.
- Elsewhere on site follow the instructions
of the staff.
- Emergency services can be summoned
using any of the staff phones.